Harvest Celebration – Sunday 4th October
After 3 Sundays of meeting as One Church – Two Spaces – Unlimited Grace, we’re joining back together for our monthly celebration service all together!
10.30am – 10.45: Arrival
10:45am – 11.15am: Worship Together
11.15am -11.45am: Creative Bubble Activities in groups of 6 (see below)
11.45am – 12.00pm: Communion
- On arrival at the hall via the car park entrance, you’ll be welcomed, asked to use hand sanitiser and guided to a table in the hall garden with upto 6 other people for you to chat and interact with during the service.
- Instead of a picnic, we’re inviting you to bring food or household products as donations towards Coventry Foodbank. Items currently needed are listed here: coventry.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/donate-food/
- We’ll be serving hot drinks as part of the activities
- The hall toilets will be open throughout.
Creative Bubble Activities
When you book on, you’ll be asked to choose one of the following creative activities as part of our worship celebration together. This is the group you will sit from when you arrive and throughout the service. (If you don’t mind which activity you do, that’s also an option – we will choose a group for you based on overall numbers)
- Chutney Making – Using fresh tomatoes grown in our Hope Hub Garden
- Nature Art Walk – Go on a prayer walk around the church grounds and collect natural items to make some nature art
- Hot Chocolate Mountains – Make up hot chocolate mountain trays for each of the bubble groups to keep everyone warm (Kitchen)
- Gazing Prayers – Use images to reflect on 2020 and write your own reflections or prayers (Inside)
- Twisted Bread – Wrap dough around sticks and toast them on a firepit
- Collage Art – Using symbols that represent the tools and vocations of our community, create a piece of giant art
Book now below or on Eventbrite at harvest-stlaurences.eventbrite.co.uk
Unlimited Grace – Autumn Services
We’re back every Sunday with not one but TWO weekly services. Join us in either the church (seated in pews) or in the hall (seated at tables) for a shorter service each Sunday as we gather to seek God’s presence, hear and reflect on his word, pray for each other and our community.
Each space will be fully risk assessed in line with the latest government & Church of England guidelines for COVID-Secure Places of Worship and we need your help with this:
- If you have a high temperature, a constant cough or loss of taste or smell, are self-isolating due to a positive result or at the request of NHS Test & Trace, or are awaiting test results, please stay at home
- Adults and children aged 11 and over will need to wear face coverings inside both the church and hall (exemptions for health conditions apply)
- You will be seated in church in pews or in the hall at tables with your household. Children under 11 will need to remain with their parents at all times. The service in the hall will include activity packs for younger children, but we are unable to offer a creche area or toys at this stage. Children between 11-18 must have an appropriate responsible adult in one of the venues throughout the services.
- You can choose which service you go to from week to week, but please stay in the same space for whole service. The services will be led by different members of the staff & leadership team of St Laurence’s Church.
- At this time we are unable to serve hot drinks or refreshments, and we need to limit socialising with others to a minimum.
We’re taking a break from Live Streaming our services for a few weeks to help us establish these new in-person gatherings, and we will keep this under review. If you have any questions, please contact us
The Church of England will continue to host a weekly online service each Sunday from 9am which you can access here
We’ve starting a Youth Alpha group for young people aged 11-18 to discuss life, faith and meaning! The first session was on Sunday 28th June.
We meet each Sunday evening during term time from 7-8pm online on Zoom (and at some point in person, when social distancing allows).
Each week will involve games, videos, discussion and chance to ask question and share what you think, all in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
If you’d like to take part, please ask your parent or guardian to complete this form and we’ll be in touch with instructions on how to join the first session.
If you’ve joined us for worship online and would like to support the work of St Laurence’s Church by making a one-off or regular financial gift, please visit our giving page