St Laurence’s Church Hall
COVID-19 Update: Monday 19th July
We are pleased to confirm that St Laurence’s Church Hall is now available for hire for all groups, including community groups and party bookings from Monday 19th July 2021. We encourage all hall users to continue to act within government guidance gov.uk/coronavirus
Bins & Rubbish – 24th January 2022
We are now asking all hall users to be responsible for disposing of their own waste at the end of every session with immediate effect, and until further notice. We will assist you in this by providing extra supplies of bin liners which can be found under the sinks in the kitchen.
The nearest drop off sites, which are open daily 8am-4.30pm can be found here: https://www.coventry.gov.uk/dropsites
Bin waste, and especially any quantities of food waste, should not be left in the building, outside the entrance of the hall, or on the footpath next to the bins. This includes recycling, as these bins are also full.
We thank you for your patience and support during this unusual situation, and very much hope it will only be for a limited period. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you are in a position whereby your group or booking does not have access to a car, please get in touch with us to discuss a supported solution.
We have a large hall, an enclosed garden, a fully equipped kitchen, a small lounge and toilets. In the hall there are 90 blue stacking chairs, 12 large trestle tables and 10 small stacking bistro tables which are available if desired. There are also several smaller children’s tables and chairs. There is an adjacent car park which comfortably fits 30 cars.
Hours 1-2: £20 per hour (minimum booking of 2 hours)
Hours 3+: £15 for each additional hour.
For example: A 3-hour booking from 10am-1pm will cost £55
These charges have been revised in light of additional cleaning requirements due to COVID-19. In order to keep our charges low, we accept bookings on a self-managed basis: hall users will need to setup any furniture for their own booking at the start of each session and clear up again at the end.
New & Existing Booking Requirements
- Groups which are open to members of the public require Public Liability Insurance. This does not include private parties or family-style events. You can search for cover using many online insurance comparison sites, such as MoneySupermarket.com
- Groups which run regulated activities for children, young people or vulnerable adults need to provide a Safeguarding Policy showing how your group complies with best safeguarding practice, including training & recruitment of volunteers. You can read St Laurence’s Safeguarding Policy for reference here.
- Payment must be made via Debit/Card via our online booking platform at the time of booking, or via BACS bank transfer by request. Regular bookings will be provided with a set of hall access keys for a deposit charge of £30.
How to make an Online Booking
- Scroll down to the booking calendar.
- Find the day you would like to check availability for. If the timeslot is free, click on the start time and select how long you would like the booking to last.
- Click on the ‘Book’ button. If this is the first time you have booked the church hall using this system, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Once you’re logged in, you will need a debit/credit card to pay for and secure the booking. If you want to create repeat bookings (eg every Tuesday evening), please contact us first so we can set this up on your account.
- For first time bookings, your booking is only confirmed once we have been touch with you to confirm arrangements for public liability, safeguarding, risk assessments & payment (if these are required).
Accessing the hall for occasional users
Nearer the time of your booking, you will be sent details of how to access the hall keys via your email address. If you have not received this within 48 hours of your booking, please call the church office on 02476667460.
If you have any questions about our hall booking process, you can email email@example.com to make a general enquiry.
If our hall is fully booked on a date that you were looking for you can use this webpage to find alternative Coventry venues.