St Laurence’s Church Hall
St Laurence’s Church Hall is available for hire for community groups.
We have a large hall, an enclosed garden, a fully equipped kitchen, a small lounge and toilets. In the hall there are 90 blue stacking chairs, 12 large trestle tables and 10 small stacking bistro tables which are available if desired. There are also several smaller children’s tables and chairs. There is an adjacent car park which comfortably fits 30 cars.
COVID-19 Update Thursday 29th July
We are regularly reviewing the latest guidance on reopening our hall. We are now able to reopen for certain permitted activities, in line with the latest Government guidance for the Safe Opening of Multi-Use Community Spaces. We are currently unable to accept bookings for private parties.
Hours 1-2: £20 per hour (minimum booking of 2 hours)
Hours 3+: £10 for each additional hour.
For example: A 3-hour booking from 10am-1pm will cost £50
These charges have been revised in light of additional cleaning requirements due to COVID-19. In order to keep our charges low, we accept bookings on a self-managed basis: hall users will need to setup any furniture for their own booking at the start of each session and clear up again at the end.
New & Existing Booking Requirements
- Groups which are open to members of the public require Public Liability Insurance. You can search for cover using many online insurance comparison sites, such as MoneySupermarket.com
- Groups which run regulated activities for children, young people or vulnerable adults need to provide a Safeguarding Policy showing how your group complies with best safeguarding practice, including training & recruitment of volunteers. You can read St Laurence’s Safeguarding Policy for reference here.
- In light of COVID-19, hall users are now required to complete the Venue sections of the St Laurence’s Church Hall – Risk Assessment, and in particular agree a designated activity limit for inside/outside uses of the hall. You can download this below.
- Payment must be made via Debit/Card via our online booking platform, or via BACS bank transfer. Regular bookings will be provided with a set of hall access keys for a deposit charge of £30.
How to make an Online Booking
- Scroll down to the booking calendar.
- Find the day you would like to check availability for. If the timeslot is free, click on the start time and select how long you would like the booking to last.
- Click on the ‘Book’ button. If this is the first time you have booked the church hall using this system, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Once you’re logged in, you will need a debit/credit card to pay for and secure the booking. If you want to create repeat bookings (eg every Tuesday evening), please contact us first so we can set this up on your account.
- For first time bookings, your booking is only confirmed once we have been touch with you to confirm arrangements for public liability, safeguarding, risk assessments & payment.
Accessing your booking
Nearer the time of your booking, you will be sent details of how to access the hall via your email address.
If you have any questions about our hall booking process, you can email email@example.com to make a general enquiry.