The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church opened on Wednesday 29th April.
Watch the opening ceremony with Hugh McNeil from Coventry Food Bank .
We’re excited to announce a new partnership to support our community during these extraordinary and unsettling times, all part of our church’s vision to transform our community in love.
Working in partnership with Coventry Foodbank, Coventry City Council, volunteers from the local area and generous funding and support from Godiva Lions, Severn Trent and the Heart of England Foundation and Ladybird Nursery we have now launched the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church.
What is the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church?
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s will offer practical support for anyone experiencing crisis throughout COVID-19 in the Longford, Bell Green, Aldermans Green & Courthouse Green areas of Coventry.
The hub is being developed initially around three areas of identified need: Emergency Food, Emotional Support & Safe Place. Please see below for further details.
How can I request help?
You can request for help for anyone in your household, or someone you know who might need help. You can make a referral online or via the telephone.
Online: Click on the button below and fill out the short online form, it will take you about 5 minutes.
Phone: Telephone 02476 668231
Our opening hours this week will be:
Tuesday 2nd June – 2pm-4pm
Thursday 4th June – 2pm-4pm
If we’re not open when you call outside of these times, please leave us a message with your name and telephone number and someone will get back to you.
Please note: Due to social distancing, the hub base at the St Laurence’s Church Hall in Old Church Road is currently operating as a delivery service only. We are not open to the public for walk in referrals or food parcel collection – these can online be taken online or via our telephone number.
Help when you need it
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is seeking to help with 3 areas of need:
Emergency Food Parcels
Working with Coventry Foodbank, the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is now able to issue e-vouchers and directly deliver food parcels to your doorstep for anyone in need living in the Longford Ward of Coventry, for individuals or families. We can also give you baby & non-food supplies such as nappies, wipes & toilet rolls.
We have a team of trained and safely recruited staff and volunteers who can arrange to give you a phone call, a listening ear, or signpost you to some of our partners across the city, including the Good Neighbours project.
If you’re experiencing domestic abuse, our team are trained to respond and offer support to anyone needing help. If you are unable to contact the police or a support agency whilst at home, but are able to get out of the house for shopping or daily exercise, we want to make our Hope Hub base at St Laurence’s available during opening hours for emergency drop in support. Just ‘Ask for Vera‘ and we’ll know what you mean.
How can I get involved or support Hope Hub at St Laurence’s?
You get involved in lots of ways:
- You can refer someone who needs help using the online form or phone number above
- You can share the details of Hope Hub at St Laurence’s with your friends or colleagues on social media by sharing this website or downloading the flyer at the side/bottom of this page. We also have printed posters & flyers available, please contact us if you would like us to get some to you.
- You can make a donation through our Hope Hub Give.Net Fundraising page. Just select ‘Hope Hub’ and donations will go towards the ongoing support of those in crisis or in need of help during COVID-19 or any future recovery in the months to come. If you have any ideas for sponsorship events, please let us know over on our Facebook Group. Don’t forget to select ‘Gift Aid’ if you are a UK Tax Payer.
- You can volunteer to help. We’re currently pausing recruitment of volunteers, but keep checking back and we’ll let you know if further roles become available.
- If you are an organisation or funding partner and would like talk to us about making a financial contribution of £250 or more please get in touch
What other support is available?
Please see our ‘Hope Hub – Additional Support’ page for further information of other resources or organisations that could help.