The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church opened in April 2020 to support our community during COVID19. It’s all part of our church’s vision to transform our community in love.
What is the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church?
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s offers practical support for anyone experiencing crisis throughout COVID-19 in the Longford, Bell Green, Aldermans Green & Courthouse Green areas of Coventry.
Working in partnership with Coventry Foodbank, Coventry City Council, volunteers from the local area and generous funding and support from Godiva Lions, Severn Trent and the Heart of England Foundation and Ladybird Nursery, we are feeding over 100 people a month.
How can I request help?
You can request for help for anyone in your household, or someone you know who might need help. You can make a referral by calling us on the number below, alternatively, if you are the person or persons wishing to request a voucher, please come along to one of our sessions (Please see below for days and times). Due to updates in how we process foodbank, photo ID or a household letter with name and address on will need to be provided when collecting foodbank orders (if you have been issued a letter with your foodbank voucher details this will be accepted). If you send somebody else to collect your parcel they will need to bring YOUR proof of identification.
Phone: Telephone 02476 667460
If you already have a food bank e-voucher from an issuing agency in Coventry, please contact us and we will let you know how to arrange collection of an emergency food parcel.
Home Deliveries with immediate effect will NO longer be available.
Update – Bags
Unfortunately we can no longer afford to supply bags for your food parcels, you will need to bring strong bags with you to collect and pack your shopping, if you have mobility issues let a member of our team know and we will assist you with packing your bags.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Our opening hours for pre-arranged collection and walk in’s are:
Tuesday 13th Sept 1-2.30pm & Thursday 15th Sept 3.30-5pm
Tuesday 20th Sept 1-2.30pm & Thursday 22nd Sept 3.30 – 5pm
Tuesday 27th Sept 1-2.30pm & Thursday 29th Sept 3.30 – 5pm
Tuesday 4th October 1-2.30pm & Thursday 6th October 3.30-5pm
Tuesday 11th October 1-2.30pm & Thursday 13th October 3.30-5pm
Tuesday 18th October 1-2.30pm & Thursday 20th October 3.30-5pm
For other food bank locations please see this web page https://coventry.foodbank.org.uk/locations/
If you are collecting a Food Parcel or just in the area, the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s are now welcoming our community to join us for Lunch on Tuesday afternoons from 12.30pm. Come along and enjoy Hot Soup, Drink and either Cake or Biscuits whilst meeting other people within the community.
Help when you need it
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is seeking to help with 3 areas of need:
Emergency Food Parcels
Working with Coventry Foodbank, the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is now able to issue e-vouchers and supply food parcels for anyone in need living in the Longford Ward of Coventry, for individuals or families. We can also give you baby & non-food supplies such as nappies, wipes & toilet rolls, laundry, cleaning and toiletries.
Emotional & Debt Support
We have a team of trained and safely recruited staff and volunteers who can arrange to give you a phone call, a listening ear, or signpost you to some of our partners across the city, including the Good Neighbours project.
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) provides free debt support across the UK. St Laurence’s Hope Hub are extremely fortunate to have the wonderful Ian Burton – Coventry Centre Manager join us on Tuesday afternoons.
If you’re experiencing domestic abuse, our team are trained to respond and offer support to anyone needing help. If you are unable to contact the police or a support agency whilst at home, but are able to get out of the house for shopping or daily exercise, we want to make our Hope Hub base at St Laurence’s available during opening hours for emergency drop in support. Just ‘Ask for Vera‘ and we’ll know what you mean.
How can I get involved or support Hope Hub at St Laurence’s?
You get involved in lots of ways:
- You can refer someone who needs help using the online form or phone number above
- You can share the details of Hope Hub at St Laurence’s with your friends or colleagues on social media by sharing this website or downloading the flyer at the side/bottom of this page. We also have printed posters & flyers available, please contact us if you would like us to get some to you.
- You can make a donation through our Hope Hub Give.Net Fundraising page. Just select ‘Hope Hub’ and donations will go towards the ongoing support of those in crisis or in need of help during COVID-19 or any future recovery in the months to come. If you have any ideas for sponsorship events, please let us know over on our Facebook Group. Don’t forget to select ‘Gift Aid’ if you are a UK Tax Payer.
- You can volunteer to help. At the hope hub we are always in need of volunteers especially on a Tuesday afternoon. If you would like to get involved please call the church or speak to us in person. Please bare in mind that a full safeguarding assessment will have to be made, as volunteering with us involves helping vulnerable members of the community.
- If you are an organisation or funding partner and would like talk to us about making a financial contribution of £250 or more please get in touch
What other support is available?
Please see our ‘Hope Hub – Additional Support’ page for further information of other resources or organisations that could help.