The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church opened in April 2020 to support our community during COVID19. It’s all part of our church’s vision to transform our community in love.
What is the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s Church?
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s offers practical support for anyone experiencing crisis throughout COVID-19 in the Longford, Bell Green, Aldermans Green & Courthouse Green areas of Coventry.
Working in partnership with Coventry Foodbank, Coventry City Council, volunteers from the local area and generous funding and support from Godiva Lions, Severn Trent and the Heart of England Foundation and Ladybird Nursery, we are feeding over 100 people a month.
How can I request help?
You can request for help for anyone in your household, or someone you know who might need help. You can make a referral online or via the telephone.
Online: Click on the button below and fill out the short online form, it will take you about 5 minutes.
Phone: Telephone 02476 667460
If you already have a food bank e-voucher from an issuing agency in Coventry, please contact us and we will let you know how to arrange collection of an emergency food parcel.
Home Deliveries with immediate effect will NO longer be available.
As we move forward out of the pandemic we have now reviewed our delivery service for people who are unable to collect. This service was very dependent on volunteers who are now returning to work so the service will no longer be able to continue.
Although we understand that there is sometimes a need for home deliveries (such as Covid-19 self isolation, or medical incapacity), we politely request that alternative arrangements be made by the applicant ie nominated person to collect, this can be a family member, close friend or any local authority officials such as children/adult services or key workers.
Our opening hours for pre-arranged collection and walk in’s are:
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, it is with regret that our foodbank will not be open until the following dates
Tuesday 7th September 2021 1pm to 2.30pm & Thursday 9th September 2021 3.30pm to 5pm
Tuesday 14th September 2021 1pm to 2.30pm & Thursday 16th September 2021 3.30 to 5pm
Tuesday 21st September 2021 1pm to 2.30pm & Thursday 23rd September 2021 3.30 to 5pm
Tuesday 28th September 2021 1pm to 2.30pm & Thursday 30th September 2021 3.30 to 5pm
Tuesday 5th October 2021 1pm to 2.30pm & Thursday 7th October 2021 3.30 to 5pm
For other food bank locations please see this web page https://coventry.foodbank.org.uk/locations/
Help when you need it
The Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is seeking to help with 3 areas of need:
Emergency Food Parcels
Working with Coventry Foodbank, the Hope Hub at St Laurence’s is now able to issue e-vouchers and supply food parcels for anyone in need living in the Longford Ward of Coventry, for individuals or families. We can also give you baby & non-food supplies such as nappies, wipes & toilet rolls.
We have a team of trained and safely recruited staff and volunteers who can arrange to give you a phone call, a listening ear, or signpost you to some of our partners across the city, including the Good Neighbours project.
If you’re experiencing domestic abuse, our team are trained to respond and offer support to anyone needing help. If you are unable to contact the police or a support agency whilst at home, but are able to get out of the house for shopping or daily exercise, we want to make our Hope Hub base at St Laurence’s available during opening hours for emergency drop in support. Just ‘Ask for Vera‘ and we’ll know what you mean.
How can I get involved or support Hope Hub at St Laurence’s?
You get involved in lots of ways:
- You can refer someone who needs help using the online form or phone number above
- You can share the details of Hope Hub at St Laurence’s with your friends or colleagues on social media by sharing this website or downloading the flyer at the side/bottom of this page. We also have printed posters & flyers available, please contact us if you would like us to get some to you.
- You can make a donation through our Hope Hub Give.Net Fundraising page. Just select ‘Hope Hub’ and donations will go towards the ongoing support of those in crisis or in need of help during COVID-19 or any future recovery in the months to come. If you have any ideas for sponsorship events, please let us know over on our Facebook Group. Don’t forget to select ‘Gift Aid’ if you are a UK Tax Payer.
- You can volunteer to help. We’re currently pausing recruitment of volunteers, but keep checking back and we’ll let you know if further roles become available.
- If you are an organisation or funding partner and would like talk to us about making a financial contribution of £250 or more please get in touch
What other support is available?
Please see our ‘Hope Hub – Additional Support’ page for further information of other resources or organisations that could help.